Re: [linux-lvm] Re: problem with lvm on root-fs

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 08:59:03AM +0200, Stefan Weigel wrote:
Hi erveryone!
I'm a little bit closer now. I've create an initrd with lvmcreate_initrd.
In this initrd there was no module for my mylex-raid-controller. I've fixed that problem, e.g. put the kernel module in it and changed linuxrc.
After rebooting there's another kernel panic, but on this time the system finds my volume groups. Output:

kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= to...

this usually means it couldn't mount your root fs, or got it wrong

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.