Re: [linux-lvm] Fwd: LVM on ATA-Raid Working - but Poorly

JB> True true, but then your boot device is software raid ??

Yes, but not on LVM.  /boot and / were mirrored (all eight ways, which
I know is overkill).

JB> And lilo ??

It didn't have any problem; it wrote identical boot blocks to all
eight disks, and would boot with the first disk in the system
disconnected.  This was the first such server I built and I did it
some time ago so I haven't tried with anything more modern like Grub.

 - J<