Re: [linux-lvm] I broke my PVs!

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 03:16:34PM -0500, Austin Gonyou wrote:
I ran fdisk, then just saved. So I guess you could say I just lost the
partition table.

ok, you lost lvm metadata...

destructive, it only touched disk metadata. so you could try pvcreate,
vgcreate and lvcreate.
DO A BACKUP OF YOUR RAW DISK DATA FIRST

what about vgcfgrestore from another set of smaller disks that are laid out the same way? could that work?

Wish I could, but I can't. Don't have enough disk space. :(

i believe it should be the same...

Heinz? someone?

l.

--