[linux-lvm] strange behavior with 1.0.5 on Linux 2.4.19?

Gregory Ade gkade at bigbrother.net
Thu Oct 31 16:55:02 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 04:48, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

> Gregory a _different_ system is unlikely to help.
> I was asking for changes to take affect on the system where you do have
> the problem.

Ahh...  That may take a little time, then.  I can certainly prepare
another kernel for testing with high memory support turned off, and try
to do some tests at the end of business on friday.  It might have to
wait a little longer, though.  I'll see what they're willing to
schedule, and get you results when I can.

> If you have a chance to reconfigure the failing system temporarily,
> running what you did before should reproduce the same problems (segfault
> on snapshot creation after fresh reboot) in case there's _no_ bug in the
> large/high memory support.
> My assumption is that it will not.

So, just for clarification, on the system where I am having this
problem, all you want me to do is run a kernel without high memory
support and attempt the snapshot creation?  Unfortunately, the way the
system was assembled, the smallest I can physically reduce the RAM to is
4GB (two DIMMS on each memory carrier is the minimum required for the
system to boot, and they shipped it to us with 8 1GB DIMMS.)

Thanks again,
Gregory

--
Gregory K. Ade <gkade at bigbrother.net>