[linux-lvm] Please Help, vgscan finds too much LEs

T. Pawlak thorsten.pawlak at gmx.net
Fri Sep 6 10:27:01 UTC 2002

Hi,

this is the second email for my problem. Unfortunately i haven't got an answer to my
first one. So i'm posting again.

After i've pvreduce my VG vgscan can't activate it. here is the output:

vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- only found 28926 of 28672 LEs for LV /dev/data/home (0)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" can't get data of
volume group "data" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume
group

i don't know what i can do, it is very funny problem because 28926 LEs are found of
and only 28672 sems to be needed, where are the 254 LEs from?!?

i've made a pvdata -Eva from all 5 PEs, the file is about 1mb of size, so dave
everyones bandwidth i put it here: http://www.pawlak-world.de/pvdata

if more infos of my configuration is needed please conact me!

i'm using LVM v1.0.5 with kernel patch (i upgraded from 1.0.3 before i made the
pvreduce)

I hope someone can help me now! It would be very nice if i can reconstruct my data,
although i have a backup, but only of 60gb of the whole 200gb and it would be nice to
access the rest again somehow!

bye Thorsten