[linux-lvm] raid1+lvm

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Mon Sep 23 10:28:02 UTC 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 04:14:59PM +0100, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> I have two boxes that swap onto LVM2 volumes and have seen no problems. LVM1
> should be OK too.

I've swapped on a LVM1 setup before.  The only "issue" was that swap
gets enabled before the volumes are brought online, but apparently is
then attempted again after the volumes are up.  (RedHat 7.2?)

I've since taken to keeping /boot, /, and swap out of LVM since they
normally don't need to be resized, and makes the system easier to recover
in case of problems. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Well my mother was Irish...  and your father? ... wasn't ..." - The Ref