[linux-lvm] Thank you...

travis at usi.net travis at usi.net
Thu Apr 10 15:46:01 UTC 2003

Hello All,

	Just wanted to give a special thanks to Anders Widman
and Heinz Mauelshagen for their help in resolving the error
condition I was receiving with my disk devices while trying to
run vgexport.  It was, in fact, duplicate PV entries in the
directory /etc/lvmconf  Apparently, the devices were used
previously as part of another volume group and the entries were
never cleaned up!  I am back up and running now so thanks!

	I have a quick question on the ability of LVM with
respect to redudant paths.  With my HP servers we are able
to run vgextend after vgcreate has created a volume group to
indicate an alternate path.  Like so:

	# pvcreate /dev/rdsk/c2t0d1
	# pvcreate /dev/rdsk/c2t1d1
	# mkdir /dev/vgoradata
	# mknod <truncated>
	# vgcreate /dev/vgoradata /dev/dsk/c2t0d1
	<Now, here is what I would like to do with
	LVM on Linux>
	# vgextend /dev/vgoradata /dev/dsk/c2t1d1
	# lvcreate -l 4000 -n oradata /dev/vgoradata
	# lvextend -m 1 /dev/vgoradata/oradata

Now, I am using 1.0.3 and before I tear my current setup down
I was wondering if there is a way to do the same thing with
LVM for Linux (maybe 2.0 supports this???).  Okay, again, thank
you for your time!!!

Cheers,
Travis