[linux-lvm] compiling lvm2.2.00.05 w/ linux-2.6.0-test3

Christophe Saout christophe at saout.de
Tue Aug 12 18:45:01 UTC 2003

Am Mi, 2003-08-13 um 01.30 schrieb markw at osdl.org:

> Hello, I'm having a little problem building the lvm2 tools.  I'm
> starting with a RedHat 8.0 distro, built the 2.6.0-test3 kernel with
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DM=y and CONFIG_DM_IOCTL_V4=y, built and installed
> device-mapper 1.00.02.  Then I created a simlink from /usr/include/linux
> to the 2.6.0-test3 include/linux directory.  When I try to build the
> lvm2 2.00.05 tools, I get the following errors:

Symlinking isn't allowed anymore with the 2.6 kernel. In most cases it
will fail with missing references to asm or asm-generic or tell that you
aren't allowed to include kernel headers from userspace.

Please use the header files that come with your distro. Or link
/usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asmm to the include/linux and
include/asm directory from a 2.4 kernel (or copy the include files).

--
Christophe Saout <christophe at saout.de>