Re: [linux-lvm] LVM and devfs

Luca,

I think you may be off here.  It was RedHat9 that gave me the option of using LVM.
I've gone to the 2.4.23 kernel with devfs and lvm support.  I know there is alot or a good amount of controvery around devfs but I think I'll ride it out and see how it works for me.
Thank you for your response.

Stuart

Luca Berra <bluca comedia it> wrote:
- devfs in not supported on redhat 9
- lvm created on a non devfs system do not work on a devfs system
without tinkering and vice versa. devfs=nomount yelds even worse
results
remove devfs from your kernel

L.

--