Re: [linux-lvm] LVM and devfs

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 11:57:20AM -0800, Stuart Felenstein wrote:
  I  think  you may be off here.  It was RedHat9 that gave me the option
  of using LVM.

i said _devfs_ is not supported, _lvm_ is.

  I've  gone  to  the  2.4.23 kernel with devfs and lvm support.  I know
  there  is alot or a good amount of controvery around devfs but I think
  I'll ride it out and see how it works for me.

lvm1 tools do have a problem with switching from devfs to non-devfs,
and vice-versa since they use /proc/partitions to find pvs, and do write
the pv name in the metadata. (read the list archives for the gory
details)

L.

-- Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it Communication Media & Services S.r.l. /"\ \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN X AGAINST HTML MAIL / \