Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 12:47 PM
Subject: [linux-lvm] LVM2 not function

I used LVM come with Redhat9 on my desktop computer.  Recent days I want to upgrade my kernel to 2.6.0-test11 which needs LVM2 to work with the device-mapper.  To be more up to date, I also recreated the lvs to use lvm2 metadata.  But when I rebooted the computer, new created lv can't mount.  It said it's not a valid block device.  So I check the status with "lvm lvscan", it showed that these lv turned to be inactive.  So I removed and recreated these lv.  Right after creation, these lvs were ACTIVE and mountable, but after reboot, they became inactive and unusable again.  Does anyone have clue?

Leo Li

Software Engineer

Metrowerks -- a Motorola company

Office: +8610-65642272