Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 12:47 PM
Subject: [linux-lvm] LVM2 not function

Hi,

I used LVM come with Redhat9 on my desktop computer.  Recent days I want to upgrade my kernel to 2.6.0-test11 which needs LVM2 to work with the device-mapper.  To be more up to date, I also recreated the lvs to use lvm2 metadata.  But when I rebooted the computer, new created lv can't mount.  It said it's not a valid block device.  So I check the status with "lvm lvscan", it showed that these lv turned to be inactive.  So I removed and recreated these lv.  Right after creation, these lvs were ACTIVE and mountable, but after reboot, they became inactive and unusable again.  Does anyone have clue?

--

Leo Li

Software Engineer

Metrowerks -- a Motorola company