[linux-lvm] resize of ext3 filesytem

Hi Gurus,

I am pretty new to the Linux world. I am trying to extend an "ext3" filesystem with 2.4G. So far I have extend the VG and then LV, but know the question is how can I extend the filesystem, without destorying the data or doing mke2fs again on it.

I know there is a command "resize2fs", but not sure if it'll destroy the data or not. I really dont want to shrink the LV first and then use "e2fsadm" (had I known this command before, i would have used it).

Any help will be great.

Thanks
-Raj

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger ? learn how here!