[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [linux-lvm] PV Status NOT available



I have the same problem on RedHat 8.0


# pvdisplay /dev/sda6


--- Physical volume ---
PV Name /dev/sda6
VG Name imap_vg
PV Size 261.11 GB [547591527 secs] / NOT usable 16.25 MB [LVM: 189 KB]
PV# 1
PV Status NOT available
Allocatable yes (but full)
Cur LV 1
PE Size (KByte) 16384
Total PE 16710
Free PE 0
Allocated PE 16710
PV UUID O7WnwM-5ASt-AsiV-8BlZ-h6KP-NjFl-cdY33C



# cat /proc/lvm/global


LVM driver LVM version 1.0.6(25/10/2002)

Total: 1 VG 1 PV 1 LV (1 LV open 1 times)

Global: 271038 bytes malloced IOP version: 10 63 days 17:26:47 active

VG: imap_vg [1 PV, 1 LV/1 open] PE Size: 16384 KB
Usage [KB/PE]: 273776640 /16710 total 273776640 /16710 used 0 /0 free
PV: [AA] sda6 273776640 /16710 273776640 /16710 0 /0
LV: [AWDL ] imap_lv 273776640 /16710 1x open







Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
Rupert,

do all 3 PVs show up active (the [] following 'PV:' should contain 'AA'
unless you set a PV to inallocatable) in /proc/lvm/global ?

if so pvdisplay (pv_status in the library respectively) doesn't seem
to get the PV_ACTIVE status from the kernel correctly.


On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:41:18AM -0000, Rupert Hair wrote:


Hi Everyone.

I have a rather strange 'problem' with my LVM setup.  I am using a very
standard install of Redhat 8.0 (Kernel 2.4.18-14smp (I guess the "-14smp" is
some Redhat version number.)) with LVM version 1.0.3(19/02/2002).  I used
the Redhat installer to create a single VG (datavg) and LV (datalv) made up
of 3 PVs (hdd5 hdd6 hdd7 (Yes all three PVs are on the same disk as this is
just a test setup.)).  This all went fine and the installer created an ext3
filesystem on top of the LV.  I have put some data on the filesystem and
rebooted a few times to test it out and everything works great.

Now the 'problem': two of my PVs (hdd5 hdd7) have a status of "NOT
available" (reported by pvdisplay).  This is very strange as the whole setup
seems to work fine and all three PVs are on the same disk (which is working
fine).  I have attached various files which are the outputs of some of the
LVM utilities that seemed useful.

I would be very grateful if anyone could shed any light on this problem and
what I have done wrong.

Thanks.
Rupert






[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]