[linux-lvm] "umount" LVM stuff

I have created a RAID1 drive. I've created an LVM setup on top of it so I can easily repartition it "at will". However, I need to do something to adjust the RAID device, and I cannot because it is "busy". What is the correct way to "unmount" all the LVM stuff so that nothing is currently running on top of /dev/md0, without permanently changing any of my LVM configuration?

Thanks
David