[linux-lvm] "umount" LVM stuff

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Feb 23 12:58:02 UTC 2003

Goetz Bock wrote:

>On Sun, Feb 23 '03 at 09:52, David Corbin wrote:
>

>>[ ... ]  What is the correct way to "unmount" all the LVM stuff so
>>that nothing is currently running on top of /dev/md0, without
>>permanently changing any of my LVM configuration?
>>

>What about
>
>vgchange -a n
>
>not?

Well, that appears to have solved the immediate probelm.  Now, help me
get through the next one....

Attempts to access the logical volume I used to fail.

piano:/etc# ls -ltar /dev/vg0
total 28
crw-r-----    1 root     disk     109,   0 Feb 23 13:35 group
drwxr-xr-x   10 root     root        24576 Feb 23 13:35 ..
dr-xr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Feb 23 13:35 .
piano:/etc# ls -ltar /dev/vg0/group
crw-r-----    1 root     disk     109,   0 Feb 23 13:35 /dev/vg0/group
piano:/etc#

I'm concerted that "group" is /dev/vg0, instead of "data".

Ideas on how I can recover this?

David.