[linux-lvm] RAID5 + LVM stillborn

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Tue Feb 25 09:15:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 25 '03 at 17:51, Jason Smith wrote:
> May I assume that LVM does not support RAID 5 due to the serialization
> problems?
I'm running LVM on top of RAID5 (MD) since years, without any trouble.
The only problem was that a disk failure brought the machin to a halt,
as the whole IDE subsystem locked up ... costs of going cheap I think.
But after I removed the broken disk everything was fine again. No data
lost.
--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2003 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant    GNU FDL 1.1    secure mobile Linux everNETting   \ /