[linux-lvm] vgimport problem

sorry, I just got the next problem, hopefully not that stupid again :-)

I exported a VG of three PV's last week.
When I now try to import them again, I get:

-> vgimport data3 /dev/hdc /dev/hdd2 /dev/hdb
vgimport -- ERROR: wrong number of physical volumes to import volume group "data3"

I looked into each PV by pvdata and everything seems OK.
The UUIDs are OK and there are exactly 3 ones listed.
I can't get any hint about any missing PV. Running vgimport -v
does not report any additional errors, too.

any advice?

Dieter.
--
Dieter Stüken, con terra GmbH, Münster