[linux-lvm] lvmcreate_initrd failing...not sure why

I am trying to convert my root file system over to LVM (1.0.6 running on linux 2.4.20).  I have read the LVM-HOWTO cover to cover several times, but I seem to be having trouble with lvmcreate_initrd.  Attached is the output when I run lvmcreate_initrd -v.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

- Cameron