[linux-lvm] lvmcreate_initrd failing...not sure why

Cameron Thorne CLT at tyndale.com
Wed Jan 1 16:15:02 UTC 2003

>> I am trying to convert my root file system over to LVM
>
>Don't.

Well, I have read that this is usually the best case before.  But it is more just something I would like to do, not that I feel I need to.  It *is* possible, right?  My system isn't mission critical and LVM is something I have never messed with before, so I figured why not go all the way and just use all my disks as PVs.

Your recommendation would be to keep root and swap out of LVM, and just mount /usr /var /home as LVs?

Any idea why lvmcreate_initrd was failing?

― Cameron