Re: [linux-lvm] lvmcreate_initrd failing...not sure why

Well, I have read that this is usually the best case before.  But it is
more just something I would like to do, not that I feel I need to.  It
*is* possible, right?  My system isn't mission critical and LVM is
something I have never messed with before, so I figured why not go all
the way and just use all my disks as PVs.

Your recommendation would be to keep root and swap out of LVM, and just
mount /usr /var /home as LVs?

I normally leave / on a partition, maybe /scratch, maybe primary swap (most systems today don't swap enough to make it worth the diffrernce). My sandbox area is mounted under /sandbox, which is also on LVM, along with any database areas.

Only point is to keep the root volume small enough that it
doesn't need to grow, which means it can conviently be put
onto a partition.

                                           +1 8773 252 1080