[linux-lvm] Linux 2.4.20 devmapper + userland utilities issue

First, thanks for the work on devmapper, LVM, and whatnot. Can't say as
I use it yet, but I hope to ;)

Right, anyhoo. I'd like to sub-partition a Linux MD device. Obviously it
can contain a partition table, but there's no way for me to reference
its segments. Enter devmapper.

Attached is the entire log, from creation of the MD device to the error
I get with 'lvcreate'. In short, 'lvcreate -L400M -n src willow-1' works
fine if it isn't "on top of" my Linux MD array; I get the following
error:

  Aborting. Failed to wipe snapshot exception store. Remove new LV and
retry.

Hopefully the log isn't too much. :) I ran the problem by Patrick
Caulfield in #lvm on irc.openprojects.net, he and I went through some
basic debugging (nothing I hadn't done, but just double-checking).
Nothing obvious was apparent.

Thanks again, and please feel free to ask for more information, if you
need it.