[linux-lvm] Linux 2.4.20 devmapper + userland utilities issue

Alasdair G Kergon agk at uk.sistina.com
Sun Jan 5 14:52:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 09:04:00AM -0500, David B Harris wrote:
>   Aborting. Failed to wipe snapshot exception store. Remove new LV and
> retry.
I've glanced at the code and the error message here is misleading: I'll
change it.

The error occurred when it was trying to use device-mapper to activate
the new LV for the first time.  (The LV already exists in the VG metadata
at this point.)

> Hopefully the log isn't too much. :)
I can't see it - please email the full debug log(*) from the lvcreate
directly to me and I'll investigate on Monday.

Also send the version numbers:
  lvcreate --version

Alasdair
agk at uk.sistina.com

(*) e.g. run with -vvv and capture all output incl. stderr, or use
following config file section and send /tmp/lvm2.log

  log {
          file="/tmp/lvm2.log"
	  level=6
  }