Re: [linux-lvm] Linux 2.4.20 devmapper + userland utilities issue

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 08:53:06PM +0000, Alasdair Kergon wrote:
> please email the full debug log(*) from the lvcreate
> directly to me and I'll investigate on Monday.

For the record, the problem was LVM2 with new-format metadata seeing
the same PV on both /dev/md1 and /dev/hda6.  The fix was to add a
filter line to the config file to tell LVM2 only to look at md1.  LVM2
with old-format metadata handles the situation OK without the filter
line (displays a warning message) and I've changed LVM2 with
new-format metadata to do the same - will go into CVS shortly.

Alasdair
--
agk uk sistina com