[linux-lvm] lvm_blk_ioctl: unknown command 0x24b

I got the "lvm_blk_ioctl: unknown command 0x24b" error while initializing a LV with
# mke2fs -c -j /dev/v0/l0

I could only find a similar report of error, but now anser and explanation.

I also got a lot of error mesages for each existing /dev/nb* entry during vgscan.
It seams that vgscan needs that there realy exist a nb-device for each entry in /dev

Thank's for any help or work arround. At least I would like to know if I can use a sistem
with this lvm_blk_ioctl error at mke2fs time, or if there is some patch or correction I can do.

Alex

i'm running Linux base 2.4.19 #2 Thu Nov 7 09:57:09 CET 2002 i686 unknown
and it makes lvm -- lvm_blk_ioctl: unknown command 0x24b
during
reiserfsck /dev/loop1
(disk is mounted via loopAES)
distribution is debian 3.0