RE: [linux-lvm] Graphical tool to configure LVM for RedHat 8

-- "Ma, Thanh(IndSys, GE Interlogix)" <Thanh Ma ge com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders Widman [mailto:andewid tnonline net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 3:12 PM
To: Linux-LVM sistina com
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] Graphical tool to configure LVM for RedHat 8

* The command line tools are great but I just wonder if there is a
graphical tool to do the same thing (for RedHat, BTW) ?

I  know  RedHat  8  (graphical)  installation  has support for LVM and
creating  of  LVM  arrays.  However,  I have no idea if such tools are
included after the installation.
*
* No. they are not.

In  any case. I do no recommend using 3rd party tools to configure and
manage your disks.
* What 3rd party tools can you suggest. ?
* I guess this should be part of the FAQ as well.

Frankly, given the number of times you use any of the commands and the limited number of options (usually just -L<size> vgXX for lvcreate) it's probably simper to use the command line interface and be done with it.

                                           +1 773 252 1080