[linux-lvm] LVM2 snapshot creation problem

Alasdair G Kergon agk at uk.sistina.com
Wed Jan 8 18:04:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 04:53:08PM -0700, Gary Windham wrote:
> My problem is that I have not been able to create LV snapshots under
> LVM2.  Here's an example (command and output follow):

(Assuming you've checked that device-mapper snapshot support
is compiled/loaded into the kernel)

Please turn on full debugging and look for the last few sets
of lines starting with 'Adding target' and 'dm'.  [Lines
starting with other things are probably irrelevant here.]

Also check for kernel log messages from device-mapper
(e.g. /var/log/whatever).

See example.conf for details of how to log to a file, or run
with -vvv flags.  If you prefer you could send us (dm at uk.sistina.com)
the whole (compressed) log file for the command and we'll take a
look.

Alasdair
agk at uk.sistina.com