[linux-lvm] Two drives with the same UUID

If I had a system with a functional LVM configuration (1.0.6ish) and I
were to "duplicate" the drive in it (i.e. dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb)
and then try to boot that system (with both drives installed and
functional), what would happen?

Of course, because I am asking, I have tried it.  :-)  During boot LVM
failed to find any logical volumes.  Is this expected?  It's not
surprising mind you, but I wonder how it was designed to deal with
this situation.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell