[linux-lvm] Problems mounting LVM root volume

Patrick van den Berg P.van.den.Berg at ogd.nl
Wed Jan 15 04:10:01 UTC 2003

I'm sorry for this *very* late reply to my original post almost 3 weeks ago
(original post is pasted below). I put the problem down for a while because I
had some other things to do. I now have found the problem, and it wasn't LVM
related at all. My kernel incorrectly detected my onboard Promise RAID
controller (PCI cards should work fine though), and thus couldn't find the vg.
I've now configured my onboard RAID controller to behave like an extra ATA-100
controller, and have installed software raid. I now run LVM on top of software
RAID; I have excluded / from LVM though, just to be sure.

Thanks to Francis SOUYRI, Pierre Lamb and Steven Lembark for their suggestions.

Regards,
Patrick van den Berg