Re: re[2]: [linux-lvm] [Q] LVM snapshot volume extendable?

On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 06:38 PM, Sean Oh wrote:

What I found out testing with a few FS available for Linux is that only the
snapshot for ext2 is extendable. I and extend ext2 snapshots with 'lvextend'
command and it keep staying mountable.

Snapshots for LV on Reiserfs, XFS and even ext3 are not
extendable(mountable).

Very strange, since LVM snapshot does not hold FS. Am I right?

At the FS layer, it should appear to be the same size as before (the size of the original). I've had no trouble at all reducing or extending XFS snapshot volumes while they were mounted, but I don't think I've tried it unmounted.

Dale J. Stephenson
dalestephenson mac com