[linux-lvm] [Q] LVM snapshot volume extendable?

Jose Luis Domingo Lopez linux-lvm at 24x7linux.com
Fri Jan 17 13:26:01 UTC 2003

On Friday, 17 January 2003, at 20:31:34 +0900,
Sean Oh wrote:

> Yes, I specified the ro option in ext3 snapshots. But it is still not
> mountable, giving the error 'Cant write to read-only device' and 'EXT3-FS:
> write access unavailable, cannot proceed'

Did you try to mount the ext3 snapshot not only in read-only mode, but
_also_ without replaying the journal (option -o noload). I can't verify
this, because my kernel is compiled without the required "vfs-lock patch".

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.4.20-xfs)