[linux-lvm] Lilo Defvs and Root Raid1, Having trouble booting

mfusco at calpoly.edu mfusco at calpoly.edu
Mon Jan 20 18:01:01 UTC 2003

Need help please!

   Here is my current system.
   /boot is a md0 raid1 mirrored over 4 scsi disk, host0 target9, h0t10, h1t9,
h1t10.
   / is a md11 raid1 mirrored over the same four disks.
   md0 is part1 and md11 is part2
   my lilo has the option for raid-????-boot=mbr-only and LILO does load the
kernel.

   heres the problem.  raidautostart /dev/md0 failed kernel unable to mount
root directory 09:00.  I have tried to make a initrd with --preload raid1 and -
-with=raid1 but still no luck.  also unzip my initrd and looked in the /dev
only entry was md0 which was a symbolic link to md/0.  Tried to mknod the
files, sda, sdb... sda1, sda2, ... and md0, md11 and still no luck?

Please any ides would be really helpful

Michael