[linux-lvm] LVM on H/W RAID5s ?

Joseph Kezar jkezar at doc.state.vt.us
Tue Jan 21 16:48:01 UTC 2003

I've noted some high load issues with LVM on our RAID5 as well.  I thought
it might be a hardware compat issue.  But now I am leaning towards LVM/RAID5
performance issues.

Our server performs fine.  But when I need to rsync from the JBOD to the
local disks the load jumps anywhere between 10 and 20!.