[linux-lvm] raid and lvm

I was reading back in 1999 mailing list about trying to merge in some
raid functions into lvm. Did this ever happen? Is it possible to use lvm
to safeguard data (like raid 5) so that if a hard drive fails, the data
is picked up by another volume group/or parts of the volume group not on
the failed drive?

--
SI Reasoning
si mindspring com

The significant problems we face cannot be solved by
the same level of thinking that created them.
-Albert Einstein

We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.
-George W. Bush, Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002