[linux-lvm] raid and lvm

SI Reasoning si at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 28 05:02:01 UTC 2003

I was reading back in 1999 mailing list about trying to merge in some
raid functions into lvm. Did this ever happen? Is it possible to use lvm
to safeguard data (like raid 5) so that if a hard drive fails, the data
is picked up by another volume group/or parts of the volume group not on
the failed drive?

--
SI Reasoning
si at mindspring.com
gpg public key ftp://ftp.p-p-i.com/pub/si-mindspring-pubkey.asc

The significant problems we face cannot be solved by
the same level of thinking that created them.
-Albert Einstein

We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.
-George W. Bush, Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002