[linux-lvm] raid and lvm

SI Reasoning si at si.homelinux.org
Tue Jan 28 12:55:02 UTC 2003

maybe I am misunderstanding. I was looking to do software raid (off of a non-raid
SCSI controller.)
The main reason I wanted raid5 was as a failsafe measure since it would appear
that things can get tricky if a harddrive fails in lvm. Is there another way to
create a failsafe through lvm without needing to implement software raid?