[linux-lvm] HELP: vgscan segfaults

Peter Lohmann listenmann at elrond.lohmann-services.de
Wed Jan 29 09:13:01 UTC 2003

Hi folks!

I cannot access my lv's anymore, because vgscan segfaults.
I used Knoppix (2.4.20 Kernel) yesterday - it worked fine.
But today, when I try to do a vgscan -v i get the following output:

root at tty1[/]# vgscan -v
vgscan -- removing "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d"
vgscan -- creating empty "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d"
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- scanning for all active volume group(s) first
vgscan -- reading data of volume group "myvg" from physical volume(s)
Segmentation fault

As i said, yesterday it worked fine?!?

I'm using debian packages lvm-common 1.5.5 and lvm10 v. 1.0.4-6

Thanks!

Peter