[linux-lvm] LVM rootfs and cramfs as ramdisk

Francis SOUYRI francis.souyri at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 30 18:01:01 UTC 2003

Hi Jan,

You need "/etc" in rw for this you can mount "/etc" in the "linuxrc"
script using a tmpfs filesystem like this:

/#!/bin/sh
mount -t tmpfs none /etc
mount -t proc none /proc
echo "Scanning for Volume Groups..."
/sbin/vgscan
echo "Activating Volume Groups"
/sbin/vgchange -a y
umount /proc
umount /etc
/
I used "romfs" for the "initrd" ramdisk.

Best regards.

Francis