[linux-lvm] ERROR: no physical volumes usable to extend volume group "movies"

Alasdair G Kergon agk at uk.sistina.com
Mon Jul 21 07:14:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 12:27:15AM +0200, patrik at falkonline.nu wrote:
> I solved the problem... I used "vgextend movies
> /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part7" instead and it worked. Strange?

The intelligence used to cope with duplicate devices/IDs needs more work.

Please set up filters in the config file instead, so LVM2 knows only
about the devices used as PVs (i.e. exclude component RAID devices,
listing just the md devices you want to use, and if there's multipath,
include only one path).

Alasdair
agk at uk.sistina.com