[linux-lvm] Warning: dev_open(/etc/lvm/metadata/data1) called while suspended ?

Hello,

I use lvm2 (stable version) on a suse linux system (with patched 2.4er
kernel). The metadata format is lvm2. I tried to extend an existing logical
volume which worked. However I received a warning message calling lvextend:

WARNING: dev_open(/etc/lvm/metadata/data1) called while suspended

data1 is the volumegroup name to which the LV belongs that I extended using
lvextend.

My question is simply if this warning is something serious or if one can
safely ignore it. Actually I cannot classify this message since I don't have
an idea of what it means.

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke uni-koblenz de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html