[linux-lvm] LVM 1.x or 2.x?

Paul Furness paul.furness at vil.ite.mee.com
Tue Jul 29 10:52:01 UTC 2003

Hi.

What is the general consensus re: LVM 2? Is it stable for production
systems? I have  afile server using lvm 1.0.7, and I will be updating
some stuff on it this coming weekend. The question is: is it worth
upgrading lvm on there?

I have to recompile the kernel anyhow, but I don't want to spend hours
trying to get it to work and end up going back to the old version. I
also am not keen on losing the contents of the 1.5TB disk array attached
to it, and having to spend all night restoring backups... ;)

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks

Paul.