[linux-lvm] Incorrect metadata area header checksum

Alasdair G Kergon agk at uk.sistina.com
Mon Jun 2 10:23:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 07:35:00AM -0700, jeff wrote:
> volumes on this box, but creating this big one (~350gb) on my new
> software-raid5 array is giving me grief. i can mke2fs /dev/md2 just
> fine, but when i try to install lvm2..:

Two things to try:
1) Set up filters in lvm.conf to make sure LVM only looks at /dev/md and
   not the underlying devices directly.

2) Use a bigger Physical Extent size with vgcreate.

If that still doesn't work, run with the verbose flags (-vvv) or set the
debug log-to-file options in lvm.conf to get more diagnostic information.

Alasdair
agk at uk.sistina.com