[linux-lvm] lvm2 and xfs (repost)

It seems this message I posted some days ago did not reach the list. So I
repost ist one more time. Sorry if anyone should receive it twice.

Hello,

since I have trouble with lvm1 in a linux san environment with a multipath
configuration I wanted to give  lvm2 a try. So I downloaded a plain 2.4.20
kernel and patched the devicemapper (latest stable version) and then I wanted
to apply xfs patches since I want to use xfs. It seems that the devicemapper
and xfs are not yet compatible. No matter which patch I appply first I have
one file (/linux/fs/buffer.c) where either of the patches will fail if the
other one has already been applied.

Is there anyone running lvm2 with xfs? If yes what configuration do you use?
What kernel should I use to get both  working (in a stable fashion)?

Any comments?

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke uni-koblenz de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html