[linux-lvm] Severe problem: data lost while adding a partition

Sander Alberink alberink at stamppot.demon.nl
Tue Mar 4 15:07:02 UTC 2003

Hello all,

Sorry to reply to myself, but I really am stuck on this one. Any
pointers would be much appreciated...

I have gotten the vgcreate to work (this was caused by me now using
devfs (so I need to supply DevFS filenames). I also executed an lvcreate
-l 399 (which was the maximum number of PE's available) on the resulting
volume group. However, I cannot mount the resulting logical volume.
It used to contain a reiserfs filesystem, a reiserfsck --check yields no
errors, but I am unable to mount the filesystem.
I am getting rather lost now.....

Hope someone can help!

Best regards,

Sander