[linux-lvm] Core questions from a LVM neophyte...

Barry, Christopher cbarry at infiniconsys.com
Mon Mar 10 12:31:01 UTC 2003

Andy,

Cool! I wanted to use 2.4.20, but had trouble finding the correct patches for it. Could you send to me - or better, post - the XFS patch you hacked to work? I'll pull down 2.4.20 now as a package from debian.org (it likely has some fixes from vanilla). Also, if you have a link to the 2.4.20 device-mapper patch, that would be appreciated as well.

As far as make-kpkg goes, it's fairly easy, and very slick. I use it all the time, however this is the first time I've used it to apply patches. I recommend it highly.

And yes, I do get the same 'resource collision' error, which I have not even bothered to research yet. But otherwise, the Tyan board is sweet. Once I get this up and running, my plan is to create a how-to site with pictures of the construction, links to vendors, and configuration info so others can get a great big storage device for minimal cost too.

Thanks,

--
Christopher Barry
Manager of Information Systems