[linux-lvm] Core questions from a LVM neophyte...

Barry, Christopher cbarry at infiniconsys.com
Mon Mar 10 16:59:02 UTC 2003

Will this work against 2.4.20?

--
Christopher Barry
Manager of Information Systems
InfiniCon Systems
http://www.infiniconsys.com
office: 610.233.4747
direct: 610.233.4870
cell:   267.879.8321

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Francke [mailto:afrancke at cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 5:51 PM
To: linux-lvm at sistina.com
Subject: RE: [linux-lvm] Core questions from a LVM neophyte...

> OK, so I RTFM'd and have the LVM2 patch created against the
> vanilla kernel.org 2.4.20. Sorry for asking such a dumb question.
> Also, just got the latest xfs patch from sgi too, and am awaiting
> your instructions on what to change before applying either.

Here's the patch for the devmapper patch. Navigate to whatever directory
contains "linux-2.4.19-devmapper-ioctl.patch" on your system (likely
/usr/src/kernel-patches/all/device-mapper). Uudecode and unzip the patch
attached (inline) - you will then want to patch your devmapper patch file by
running:

"patch -p0 < linux-2.4.19-devmapper-ioctl-patch.patch"

Make a copy of your linux-2.4.19-devmapper-ioctl.patch first so you can do a
before and after diff - the net result should be the deletion of several
lines following "BH_Inode" and the changing of a few line count numbers
above to compensate.

Now both devmapper and the XFS patches will apply cleanly. Do the XFS
patches first.