Re: [linux-lvm] [OT] Encrypted FS performance hit?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 05:08:49PM -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> All,
>
> I know this is off-topic, but does anyone know where I can find info on the CPU hit from using a software encrypting FS.

well, i'll quickly bring in some LVM stuff, as i run encryption both under
and ontop of a LVM-system. (different cihper though).

> In particular I would like to see a comparison between None, Microsoft EFS, and Linux loopback encryption.

well, isnt EFS a FS encryption? loopback is a block encryption, there is a
difference. My experience is that i with loop-AES or PPDD, (blowfish as
cipher) gets about 1/4 to 1/3 of the performance of raw.

JonB