Re: [linux-lvm] Problems and questions with LVM on a large raid system.

jon+lvm silicide dk wrote:
On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:52:17AM -0800, Petro wrote:

I've got a couple of brand new boxes I'm trying to get LVM set up
properly on.

These machines have 6 200GiB drives attached to a 3ware controller card,
for a total of 1,200,000,000,000 bytes of storage.

later down you write you need speed. In that case i would suggest
ditching the hardware raid, and use pure software raid, it is faster.
I dont mind 3ware, i have dome myself, but my benchmarking revealed
that software was faster.

True, but I'd sure hate to wait for a software array rebuild when the system crashes... I've only got a pair of 160G drives but I still hate waiting when the kernel has a problem. If your system is very, very stable this might not be an issue.