[linux-lvm] lvm recovery help needed

Paul gpmidi at k4lrg.org
Sat Mar 29 17:29:01 UTC 2003

I recently removed a hard drive, first resizing the partiton and using
vgmove to move the data off the partition. After i restarted i was
unable to mount it. I think i forgot to remove the lv first. what can i
do to fix this/restore my data?

[root at Bob root]# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of
volume group "blp" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume
group