Re: [linux-lvm] Trouble with pvmove

On Mon, 05.05.03, Andre? ?str?m <andree astrom home se> wrote:

> We were using 1.0.4, so updated to 1.0.7 today. No luck tough. Computer
> locks up completly at
> certain PE's.

You could try to use 'dd' to backup the damaged pv to a new (equally-sized)
partition, using 'conv=noerror' option to skip faulty blocks.

Perhaps you could use strace or on of the debugging options of pvmove to
determine wher it locks. I suspect it locks trying to read the faulty block
over and over again.

good luck,

Nils

--
Nils Juergens  | nils muon de | icq 7090774
Having problems sending big files over the net?