Re: [linux-lvm] device-mapper / LVM2

thanks for your answer.
your are right, this would be the last thing i want to do, after 4 days kernel compiling in my spare time. ;-)

i only wanna help to test some new features eacht time i compile a new kernel, so i thought, that i maybe wann try LVM2 and EVMS2 together, since they are using the (nearly) same kernel interface.

so subscribing to this list was the last thing to try, before i'm going the "LVM2 only way". :-))

thanks again,

manfred

Anders Widman wrote:
hello to all,

i'm new on the list, and have some general questions.

i would like to use LVM2 and EVMS with a 2.4.20 kernel.
but both are patching the same files. i resolved the conflicts, but on start, i get a failure, that the libdevmapper is not compatible with the kernel driver.

so now my question is, if there is any version of "device-mapper", which i can use for EVMS and LVM2???
or can i simply upgrade from LVM1 to EVMS, or should i go the way with LVM2???

Or just use LVM1/2 without EVMS. It is sufficient for most uses.

at the moment i'm using 2.4.12 with LVM1, Software-Raid 5, XFS, JFS, IPSec.

thanks for any help,

manfred

--------
PGP public key: https://tnonline.net/secure/pgp_key.txt