[linux-lvm] ERROR: kernel and lvmtab are not consistent

Hi guys,

From time to time, when I perform LVM operations, the response is:
"ERROR: VGDA in kernel and lvmtab are NOT consistent: please run vgscan"

Is there a solution for this problem? (beside rebooting)

Are there any known causes for such problem that would help me avoid it? I belive importing twice will cause it but I also think it is not the only cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--Yaniv